Why Talk radio?
Talk radio is a dynamic medium with an audience of actively engaged listeners. They tune in daily to hear what the host is talking about, often regarding him as an old friend and trusted advisor. That’s why the relationships that hosts have established with listeners constitute a strong third-party endorsement for their guests.
We love talk radio! In fact, our CEO and Senior Campaign Manager co-host their own weekly show on Sirius/XM. EMSI has been a specialist in talk radio for more than 22 years, booking guest interviews for clients with products, books or services to promote. With our Pay for Performance approach, we guarantee you will get on national and local shows across the country as an expert guest. We’ll also make sure you’re well prepared.
Talkers Magazine, the top trade publication, describes the talk radio listener:
- “Talk radio listeners are diverse, mature, educated, attentive, active and affluent …”
- “A majority of the talk radio audience is … 35 to 64.”
- “Relative to other forms of mass media, the talk radio audience is clearly one of the most educated. Thirty-five percent have a bachelor’s degree.”
As a guest on talk radio, you speak directly to an audience that’s tuned in to hear you. Unlike the commercials, which cut into the entertainment, you are the entertainment. Radio show formats touch on every aspect of life, from finance to diet, to politics, lifestyles and sports.
The potential audience is huge. These shows are heard on both AM/FM dials in cities across America. Some are syndicated, which means they are air on more than one station. Others are heard exclusively on Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, which has more than 22 million subscribers.
Top 7 Reasons You Should Choose EMSI to Book Your Talk Radio Interviews:
- Since EMSI is a Pay for Performance PR Firm, we guarantee that we will book you as a guest on as many radio shows as you are willing to do.
- EMSI’s Creative Team will develop as many customized, topical interview pitches as needed to get you on the air. These pitches are written specifically for talk radio by experienced hosts and producers on EMSI’s staff.
- EMSI will pitch you to hosts and producers across the country, on shows that are a good fit for the target demographics of your product or book.
- EMSI will provide you with a “Radio 101” media coaching session and mock interviews conducted by a talk show host with years of experience in America’s Top 10 Radio markets.
- When possible, we will provide you with radio station logos and digital copies of your interviews so you can share them on your website or social media networks.
- EMSI’s media division, News & Experts, will represent you to radio hosts and producers, positioning you as an expert in your field with important information to share.
- EMSI has specialized in booking talk radio interviews for more than two decades, so you’ll be represented by a very well-known agency and highly respected source for talk radio guests.
Can You Really Afford to Wait?
We have hosts and producers calling us on a daily basis looking for expert guests like you to interview.
Recent Radio Coverage
Los Angeles, CA: Market #2
San Francisco, CA: Market #4
Dallas, TX: Market #5
Washington, DC: Market #8
Atlanta, GA: Market #9
Boston, MA: Market #10)